It’s that time of year again – awards season! The SAG, or Screen Actors Guild awards were just last week. With all the hub bub over who would win what, who wore what, and who was there with who… I was focused on other things: I kept thinking that the gorgeous gowns reminded me of some of the our new gorgeous swimwear! Just think, you can dress just like your favorite style star… on the beach! So get ready for the upcoming vacation months with red carpet style ideas. Which look is your favorite? (more…)
Archive for the ‘Swimwear’ Category
It turns out, some of the most modern trends in swimwear are retro looks from years ago! With a few vintage style accessories, you too can create one of these popular retro beach looks. Just start with one of these great bathing suits from Linda’s Online! (more…)
At Linda’s Online, I carry a wide variety of swimwear brands including cup sized swimwear up to K cup, designer brands, and cute new companies. I stock even more (believe it or not!), at my Linda’s shop in Murray Hill! Providing extra styles in the shop is a great way for my customers to try out smaller brands, fashion styles, etc. If a brand really takes off in the store, then my team and I add it to our online shop. And that’s the case with our latest swimwear addition to the online Linda’s shop: Seafolly. This adorable Australian brand was a big hit last Summer – everyone loved their retro style and soft fabrics! Take a look below for the first few styles to hit the online shop, and go back in time with Seafolly Swimwear! (more…)
It was hot, hot, hot a few weeks ago at the Xcluzv Swimwear event at Linda’s Murray Hill! Great new swimsuits, a chance to “meet the model”, free cocktails and gifts… what wasn’t to love? Get a glimpse of this fabulous event.
Oh! And did I mention that all Xcluzv swimwear is 10% off now until Labor Day? You heard me! And not only will you get 10% off your Xcluzv swimsuit, but you’ll also be entered for the Grand Prize Raffle drawing whose winner will receive a $100 Linda’s Gift Certificate, an Xcluzv swimsuit, and a luxe Brazilian bamboo yoga set (see the photo below). Hurry though, supplies are limited and you’ve got beaches to lay on and sun to soak up!
Keep reading for more photos! (more…)
UPDATE 6/18/12: Xcluzv swimwear and Linda’s have extended the 10% off discount and raffle entry until Labor Day September 3rd, 2012! 10% off all Xcluzv swimwear and a Grand Prize raffle entry with a purchase of any Xcluzv swimsuit! Only at my Murray Hill store in NYC.
Big announcement! A new swimwear brand is in town! Xcluzv swimwear is a new swimwear brand with Brazilian cut bottoms, festive prints, and sexy tops. Haven’t heard of them? Then get to know them at my Murray Hill store on Thursday June 14th! Take a look below for all the details, amazing one-day-only perks, and a sneak peek at this new brand!
We’ve all heard about the “little black dress” or the “LBD”. Now I’d like to introduce you to the “little black swimsuit” or the “LBS”. Just like it’s dressy counterpart, the little black swimsuit is versatile, flattering, and a staple that every woman should have in her wardrobe. Investing in a well made, perfectly fitting black swimsuit means you’re ready for any beach or poolside occasion. Add a few accessories, switch up your style, and ta-da! Need some LBS inspiration? You got it. Below, find a few of my style ideas for accessorizing your black swimsuit. These are just ideas – choose what YOU love and add them to your favorite suit. And remember: starting with a suit in the right size will help everything else look even better!
So chic! This Karla Colletto Rope One Piece Swimsuit is so sleek, and it fits sizes 8-16! The rope detail up the front is a small nautical touch that’s so easy to play up with summer sailor accessories. Pull a breezy tunic over it (also with a rope tie) and add in sleek but preppy boat shoes, a simple fedora and a gold and rope bracelet. Toss it all in your straw beach bag when you take a dip or lay out on your yacht. What, you don’t have a yacht? Just imagine you do. That’s what I do!
You’re Invited! Are you on the hunt for a bathing suit for your next vacation or stay-cation? Whether you’re just taking a dip in the pool, laying out in the park, or traveling the seas on your private yacht, Vitamin A swimwear has a swimsuit for you. And now you can get the inside scoop on some of the hottest new styles of the season! Make an appointment now or stop by my Murray Hill store on Thursday April 26th for your first opportunity to try on and take home brand new styles from their Gold (sophisticated, sultry, glamorous) and Silver (flirty, fun and super sassy) collections. The new styles will hit the store that morning – don’t miss out!
Let’s be honest, we don’t all have the perfect body. So, unless you are a photoshopped supermodel, it’s nice to have a little extra coverage from your bathing suit. And no, I don’t mean 1920’s Grandma bathing suits. I mean classy AND sassy. Ta-da! The modern day swim skirt!
Hips Don’t Lie:
We all know how to cover our middle with a one piece or tankini bathing suit, but what about hips? From stretch marks to veins, there are lots of reasons you may not want to showcase your hips. Sometimes a boyshort bottom just doesn’t do it. And some traditional cover ups are just too much coverage or totally unattractive. So try a new skim skirt! There are so many cute swim skirts now that can cover up hips without sacrificing on style!
So I’ve helped you find the perfect bra. Hurray! That’s what I do. But did you know that I also carry a wide range of bathing suit styles? Even at the beach, you need to be supported. Just because you are taking a vacation doesn’t mean that your breasts can. Besides, wearing a bathing suit it the closest that many of us come to wearing lingerie in public. In such a fragile situation more important than ever to wear the right garment so you can truly feel your best.
You may be thinking “why in the world is Linda writing about swimsuits in the winter?” First of all, I’m worldwide! So some of my friends on the other side of the equator are actually in the middle of Summer! And second, it’s much easier to feel confident when you go to the beach during the summer: you’re tan, you’ve been slurping fruit and playing outdoors. But, for those that want to indulge in a winter vacation, they’re dealing with pastey skin and a season of wolfing down gravy, eggnog and pie. In your weakest hour, I’m here to help!
Cup Size: Luckily, many of my favorite bra brands also make some of my favorite swimwear! Imagine if you’re a 34F or a 40D and you were asked to buy your bras in small, medium or large. I don’t think so! I carry swimsuits from AA-K cup. You read that right. Get the same support and shape you get from your bras in your swimsuit top. Remember, just like bras, styles and fit vary by brand and style. And just like a petite bust who wants a push up or demi cup, or a fuller bust who needs more coverage, the cup style matters too. Remember, you’ll get the best fit from a cup sized swimsuit top if you get fit or refit by a professional bra fitter, like me! Can’t make it into the store? Pay attention to my suggestions on each item’s Fitting Support, or ask my Bra Divas for help.
Band Size: Again, just like bras, your back band gives the most of your support! So many women tell me “I don’t want the back to dig in – everyone on the beach will see my back fat”. I have the same answer for women who complain about this and their bras: Get over it! A lifted bust will always help you look and feel your best, so without clothes to cover you up, it’s even more obvious if your bust is sliding down your front. Believe me, a lot less people look at the back of you. Focus on the front first!
Underwire vs. Non-Underwire: If you have been blessed with a perfectly perky bust, you can wear a little triangle bikini top or other non-underwire style. But, if your breasts need a bit more lift, try an underwire bathing suit top! Many women don’t associate an underwire with lounging around on the beach, but in the right size, you’ll actually feel more comfortable. Not to mention how supported and secure you’ll feel if you decide to pick up a game of volleyball, dive into the pool or chase after the kids! Just like in your basic bras, an underwire can add more support for those with more to support.
Swimwear for your shape and lifestyle: Women come in all different shapes and sizes and knowing what styles best compliment your own shape will make shopping so much easier. Take a look at a few options below.
- Women with petite breasts who enjoy a fabulous push up bra or want to create a little more curve on the beach will love the Panache Atlantis line. Their suits are super stylish, but also have built in push ups! Another line, Voda, has string bikini styles with that extra bump. No one will have to know! It’s our little secret. And, because the padding is built in, you won’t have to run the risk of finding floating push up pads in the pool.
- Women with a full figure do not need to fear the beach. Picking a suit that helps you feel comfortable will also help you feel confident. First rule: wear a supportive top! Lifted breasts will always help you look taller and thinner whether in clothing or swimwear. A Gorgeous one piece like the Fantasie suit below flatters with it’s basic black torso. Also, the subtle print and twisted material emphasizes your best (and now perky) asset!
- For those that have serious curves but still want to show it off, I love underwire bikini sets like this one from Panache. The underwire is so supportive and fits so well, you will never have to worry about a swimsuit malfunction while out and about. And sets likes these allow you to mix and match or choose the bottom that best flatters your hips. This boyshort style is a great mixture of coverage and cute, but you could also choose the bikini style or go with a great solid bottom!
- For those who are very active, even supportive basic styles may not work. Trying a style like this new one piece from Freya will keep all parts of the swimsuit (and of the body) where they should be. I especially love the criss-cross back which acts as extra support. Don’t ruin your swimming experience by wearing a sports bra under your suit (this actually happens!). Wear a supportive and attractive sporty suit instead!
- Pregnant women are some of the most beautiful women in the world to me, but they don’t always feel like it. It can be stressful to debut your new body at the public beach. Finding a suit that is both comfortable and flattering is the best way to feel fabulous while you wait for Junior to arrive. Whether it’s a one piece, tankini or bikini, finding a suit like this one from Anita and wearing the correct (often upgraded!) cup size is key to feeling great.
- I’m proud to offer so many amazing mastectomy products in my new Murray Hill store and online! I was trained to fit bras by the American Cancer Society ages ago, and still believe that women who have gone through a mastectomy, lumpectomy or even reconstruction deserve bras and bathing suits just like any other woman. One of my favorite mastectomy brands, Anita, makes great one pieces and this fab tankini! See? Your options don’t have to dwindle after surgery!
These are just a few of my top tips for finding the right bathing suit. Knowing what size or style to wear can really make a difference in how you look and feel. Don’t hide under a floppy hat – flaunt what you have and be proud of what you’ve got!
PS: A special thanks to our current BFF, Tina, who inspired this blog post!