Hurricane Sandy recently roared through the North East of the United States, causing severe damage in New York City. We offer our sincerest wishes for your safety and well being during such a trying time. We have full faith that this city and its resilient inhabitants will survive this storm, and thrive on the other side.
Linda’s is based in New York with our two Linda’s boutiques in Manhattan and our warehouse in Brooklyn. Luckily, our locations and (most importantly) our Bra Divas and staff were spared any permanent or life threatening damage. We are counting our blessings.
Though we were spared the worst, there is still work and repairs to be done in our city and our stores. We ask for your patience and understanding while we work hard to get back up and running. Here is the latest news:
- Our Lexington Store location is open for business starting Wednesday October 31st. If you are in the NYC area and can safely travel to the Upper East Side, we invite you to come in! ::update! As of 11/3/12, both NYC locations are open!::
- Our Murray Hill store is still without power, but we hope to have it open and ready for business soon. ::update! As of 11/3/12 The Murray Hill shop is now open!::
- Our customer service department and Bra Hotline are currently running with minimal staff. We will do our best to return calls, emails and inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Orders made between Sunday October 29th and Friday November 1st may experience delays in processing and shipment. We will do everything we can do ensure that your orders are shipped as soon as possible.
- Our returns department will experience delays. We will extend the date for orders received recently that met their 30 day mark for store credit or refund between October 29th and November 1st to November 5th.
- Please check our Facebook page for the latest updates on our stores, customer service and shipping departments.
At Linda’s, we know that providing you with the best possible customer service is very important, but we also know that your health and safety is even more important. We thank those that have sent their well wishes and voiced concern for our brave staff, and we extend the well wishes to our customers and their loved ones.
We can’t wait to start helping you again!
The Linda the Bra Lady Staff