Have you heard the horrible tale of the dead bras? They’re all around you, maybe even lurking in your own underwear drawer…
What’s a dead bra, you ask? Well, bras just don’t last forever. Even a top quality bra only lasts about 6 to 9 months if it’s in heavy rotation. Read up for a more in-depth post on just how long bras last. And take a glance below for a quick reference of the tell tale signs of a dead bra.
Slightly worn bras that just don’t fit anymore can be donated, but dead bras should be thrown away. Here are some signs that your bra has to go:
- When you have to wear your bra on the tightest hook and it’s still roaming around or riding up your back
- When the elastic is so stretched out that it doesn’t bounce back anymore
- When it’s covered in stains or splotches
- When your band or cup has holes in it
- When molded cups have lost their shape
- When wires poke through the cup or break
- When the hooks are broken or ripped out
- When your bust is drooping and your bra no longer does its job
While dead bras are inevitable, you can read up on how to help them last longer and find out what factors go in to a bra’s lifetime.
Now that you are aware of the perils of dead bras, take a good look at your bra collection. If your bra has seen better days, it’s time to toss it out and let it rest in peace!
Happy Halloween, darlings!